- Feature Links
- Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
Traveling during the current COVID-19 pandemic can look and feel different than what we're used to expecting. These quick and essential tips will help ensure a safe and fun visit.
- Visit your destination's official visitors bureau website for COVID-19 and tourism-related updates and information.
- Pack extra supplies, such as masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- Call ahead to verify what amenities and services are available and if hours have been changed.
- Try requesting a room on ground floor to avoid elevators.
- Use sanitizing wipes to wipe down all common used area and items in hotel room (think tables, remote controls, light switches, etc.)
- Avoid having housekeeping clean your room during your stay to limit additional contact.
Traveling by Car
- Consider bringing your own beverages and snacks to avoid unnecessary stopping.
- Drive through locations for meal services are advised.
- Remember best practices at the gas pump. Use wipes or gloves and make sure to sanitize your hands after filling up.
Traveling by Air
- As things can quickly change these days, consider travel insurance and make sure to check the fine print for coverage details.
- When buying travel packages, review all of the booking terms. Air travel, accommodations and attractions may have specific, separate conditions that may impact your travel.
- Visit the attraction website and see if advance booking is required. Capacities may be limited, so do this well in advance of your visit. Be aware of social distancing and other mitigation efforts that may impact dining, entertainment and other activities.
- Minimize the time you spend in indoor locations where ventilation is recirculated. Spend as much time in outdoor locations whenever possible.
Lastly, remember that travel and visitation is much different now. Allow yourself extra time, expect delayed service and remain patient.