May 19, 2022 - May 22, 2022
Wilkes Barre, PA 18701
Fine Arts Fiesta
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Since 1956, downtown Wilkes-Barre has come alive each May with the sounds of beautiful music, feasts for the eye in every direction, and the aroma of delectable treats, thanks to the efforts of the community volunteers who fuel the non-profit Fine Arts Fiesta.
The Fine Arts Fiesta, a celebration of the arts and diversity, is the oldest festival of its kind in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It’s a free gift to the community not just in the Wyoming Valley, but for the thousands of visitors from across the Northeastern United States who visit each year!
Some quick facts about the Fine Arts Fiesta:
• More than 60,000 people attend the event
• Over 50 fine artists and crafters exhibit
• A broad range of FREE, continuous performances appeals to everyone
• Two festival-sponsored juried art exhibits for students and adults
• A tantalizing array of Fiesta foods appeal to every appetite and taste!
• Children’s activities including face painting, puppet theater, and “make and take” art tent